Monday, June 17, 2013

Turning Negatives into Positives

Hello again! Here it is Monday, my least favorite day. But hey- I'm alive and well, so that's somethin', huh? 


It is inevitable that we writers will get a not-so-sunshiny review once in a while. I have come to learn that to be a published writer means you must also develop thick skin. (This was not an easy task for me, but I did manage to develop something that resembles a sort of alien-like covering, although it is human flesh color.)

I have been trying to take those "constructive criticism" reviews and turn them into lessons or advice. In turn, I hope that it has made me into a better writer. After all, I do this for a couple of reasons. 

One: it is my outlet, for if I didn't write, my head would explode and sentence fragments would fly every which way, possibly doing permanent damage to those in their path. 

Two: YOU. If what I write changes, affects, motivates, inspires, helps, mentors, pushes, excites, moves, or touches you at all -especially in a positive way- I have done well and can sleep at night. 
Not everyone is going to like my work. I am well aware that I cannot please all of the people all of the time. But that won't stop me from being me- or from doing what I do. I write what I write. If you don't like it, don't buy it, don't read it. Constructive criticism is okay, but don't be downright rude and mean and cruel. Ain't nobody got time for that! :) 

So, keep on keepin' on, and until next time, I leave you with one of my favorite sayings:


BE UNAPOLOGETICALLY YOU!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment