Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Who is this, please?

So I figured it was time y'all got to know me a little better, don't ya think? Yeah, I thought so....
I reckon we'll start with some basics, and if y'all have any questions, please feel free to ask them!

I am terrified of spiders, but snakes don't bother me in the least. I am a huge dog and cat lover, and my husband even accuses me of loving our pets more than him. (No comment. Haha)  I have five tattoos, love the outdoors, Mossy Oak & Realtree Camo, bacon, country music, Southern rock, hikin', fishin', four-wheelin', hangin' with the family and swimmin'. 

I was raised up an only child in Marietta, Kennesaw & Acworth, Georgia. My parents are my heroes. They adopted me when I was eleven months old. They gave me a great childhood, a better life than I would have ever had otherwise. They are both in their eighties now, and live with us. Not because they have to, but because eight years ago, I asked them to. I told them it was time they enjoy their retirement years and let me take care of them for a change. And so it was settled. They sold their house in Kennesaw and moved in. They travel, take it easy, and have fun. We get along great and there is never a dull moment in our house! 

To say I started writing because I was lonely would be an understatement. As an only child, loneliness definitely played a part. But so did dealing with finding out you were adopted at eight years old. That kind of information in a child's head is as useless as telling a mechanic how to make Crème brûlée It doesn't make much sense, and it just adds to the confusion of the situation. So I wrote my emotions and everything else down on paper. And kept doing that for years. Most of it was in the form of poems, which recently morphed into a book,  my latest release Rhymes from Darker Times. For the most part, it helped me deal. As I got older, I was grateful to my parents, and still am today. 

That pretty much sums it up. There's much more, but that will be revealed one day in a book! 





No comments:

Post a Comment